To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk * are required. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
Previous Address(es) in the last 3 years
Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, the general information you supply about yourself in this form is known as your personal data and information about any criminal
convictions, ethnic origin and health is called ‘sensitive personal data’.
The society will process (i.e. record and use) your personal and sensitive personal data for its internal records and to assist in the selection for employment
process. It may also need to disclose your data, including sensitive personal data, to the following organisations:
- Present and previous employers and persons nominated as personal referees so that references may be obtained
- Credit Reference Agencies so that your credit worthiness may be checked. These agencies may retain a record of our searches which will be available to other organisations that grant credit
- The Financial Conduct Authority or Prudential Regulation Authority for regulatory purposes
- Criminal Record Bureau if you are appointed so that any previous convictions may be checked
- The Society’s medical advisers in order to check any special arrangements that might be necessary to accommodate a medical condition
- Any other third parties to (a) meet compliance obligations (b) administer Society payroll and benefits.
This form will be destroyed after three months if you are not short-listed for an interview, and after six months if you are interviewed and not appointed. Before the Society can
process your personal and sensitive data it needs your explicit consent to do so.
These details must cover your full career. Please complete in FULL, starting with the most recent and working back.
Should your application be sucessful we will contact your current or most recent employer(s) to obtain references to cover the last five years. Continue on
a separate sheet if necessary.
Please give details of two professional people who we may contact for employment references. One must be your current or most recent employer,
or college if you have no previous work experience. References are required to cover the last five years. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.
We only take up references if you are offered employment.
Please read carefully. If you do not understand the declaration or you feel unable to give your consent, please contact our Human Resources department for further information.
If you have ever worked within a regulated environment as an authorised Financial Adviser
in the past ten years please tick here
- I declare that I am not currently or have ever been subject to disciplinary action during any period of employment.
- I declare that if I have worked as an authorised Introducer, I have not been disciplined, suspended or dismissed in connection with regulated activities.
- I declare that I have not been convicted by a court (civil or military) for offences (other than a motoring offence unless resulting in disqualification from driving) which are not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 or have been subject to penalties for tax evasion. For information on what constitutes a spent conviction visit www.justice.gov.uk
- I declare that I have not been a defendant in any civil proceedings, or a party to any arbitration, in relation to investment business or other financial business, or the subject of any criminal proceedings.
- I declare that I have never: had any judgement debt entered against me; made any compromise or arrangement with one or more of my creditors; ceased trading in circumstances in which one or more of my creditors did not receive full payment; had a petition for bankruptcy presented against me; been declared bankrupt; had my estate sequestered or am currently aware of any pending proceedings for any of the above.
- I declare that I have never been refused or had revoked or withdrawn, any authorisation to carry out insurance, investment or banking business.
- I declare that I have not resigned or been dismissed from any previous employment for any reason connected with any actual or alleged breach of the rules of any regulatory body (e.g. Financial Conduct Authority) or a conviction for any offence involving fraud, dishonesty or violence.
- I declare that the answers given on this Application (and elsewhere in support of it) are true and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that providing misleading or false information will disqualify me from appointment or if appointed may result in my dismissal.
- I agree to personal vetting searches being made.
- I agree to the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check being made where it is deemed appropriate.
Please tick this box if you disagree with any of the statements made above
I confirm that I have read and understood the above information regarding personal data and sensitive personal data. I agree and consent to you processing my personal data.